When installing electric gates, there are several essential features to consider, and thus make sure they are convenient, secure, and reliable in terms of operation. Among the best electric gates features to look for, here are a few of them:
- Electric gates should have automated operation, allowing you to open and close them with little effort. Thus, you should look for gates that provide remote control or keypad access and options to integrate innovative home systems or mobile apps, making their operation even more convenient. You can also opt for electric fences with motion sensors.
- You may also want to consider features such as keypad entry, intercom systems, or proximity card readers to restrict access and ensure that only authorized individuals can enter. Some gates also come with integrated cameras to provide you with additional surveillance.
- You should look for gates made from sturdy materials such as wrought iron, aluminum, or steel, known for their durability. These gates should be weather-resistant and can withstand harsh environmental conditions without deteriorating.
- A battery backup system allows the gate to continue operating in case of power outages. So this major characteristic helps ensure that your gate remains functional during emergencies or when there is a temporary power loss.
Electric gates have many benefits, but proper measures must be taken to enjoy them for many years. One way you can do this is by avoiding common mishaps when installing new electric gates, and these include:
Failure to perform routine maintenance checks, once the gate is installed
Skipping regular checks and maintenance operations will only accelerate serious problems that may occur, including malfunctions, corrosion etc. You may also lose the right to use the warranty you have got when you installed the gate.
Trying to deal with the problems on your own
Without technical knowledge, the right tools and experience, you can only make things worse (which may include injuring yourself). Leave the repairs to trained professionals, as they know what they are doing.
3. Not following the installation instructions exactly
If you are skilled and experienced enough to install the electric gate yourself, you should follow the instructions very carefully. Improper gate installation is a major cause of premature wear. That’s why it is so important to get it installed right the first time, if you want it to last.
4. Working with the wrong technicians
Ultimately, the biggest mistake that people make when installing and repairing electric gates is not hiring experienced and licensed technicians from places like https://www.rmacontrols.com/.
Any Devner gate company can tell you that the use of electric gates is rapidly becoming more and more popular. The uses of these types of electric gates have to be considered carefully, as you might miss out on a lot of the benefits that they might have to offer:
- One of the most important instances in which electric gates are needed is when you need to have your gates opened and closed on a regular basis. Sometimes vehicles or people might need to be cleared before being allowed to pass through to certain areas of your commercial property. In such cases, it’s essential to get a gate that will open quickly and easily.
- Larger gates usually have to be at least electric, if not fully automated and remotely opened and closed. That is because of the difficulty of accessing the gates in a timely fashion when large trucks of goods are waiting to be allowed to pass. Time is often of the essence in such situations, so it’s a good idea to consider installing a quality electric gate.
- When increased security is needed, electric gates can ensure that, even if the lock is broken, the heavy gate itself can remain to add an extra layer of security that will prevent intruders from getting onto your property at least temporarily.
Electric gates are currently popular. In the future, they will become mainstream for commercial and residential properties. In addition, some of their features will probably be improved and better integrated with digital communication systems and video surveillance. Electric gates are also expected to be designed to achieve higher energy savings and lower operational costs.
Electric gates from Rocky Mountain Access Controls https://www.rmacontrols.com/ are already a very effective solution to protect your property. They save you from the extra effort of having to open and close the door each time you enter or exit. In addition, they offer increased protection to your home or commercial property.
That is, some remarkable features of electric gates make them less likely to be targeted by thieves or criminals. For instance, it is almost impossible to open them by force. Moreover, you can install an intercom that allows you to see or talk to visitors without leaving the house.
Help track visitors
Automating the access gate to the property will help keep track of all your visitors, whether you are a commercial property owner with many visitors who come every day or have many friends who visit your home. An automated gate can keep track of all of them and monitor the traffic.
After installing a new electric gate and electric gate openers, you must also consider its maintenance, which is very important to avoid operating problems when you expect them the least.
Keep the gate clean and add a coat of paint or varnish (depending on the material it is made from) when necessary. Like your car for example, your entrance gate will look better if cleaned periodically. If you let it rust and corrode, it will be costly to take it out, sandblast and repaint it. On the other hand, its periodic cleaning and repainting can be done very quickly, does not cost much, and ensures that the gate remains in perfect condition.
Keep away the small creatures – Besides the appearance of your gate, a real problem for all installed electrical equipment can come from where you may not expect it – from small creatures, such as insects or snails. In this regard, the engine must always be covered since snails can easily destroy the circuits of the equipment`s board. The mucous paths they leave behind become very conductive, even with the slightest moisture. The same goes for spider webs.
Lubrication of essential parts – If your system does not have hinges or wheels with airtight bearings, you need to make sure that these are lubricated using high-quality grease applied using a unique tool. Many automations of swinging or sliding gates have internal chains that must also be lubricated periodically.
An increasing number of residential owners opt for electric gates these days, and that is mainly because of the protection and security these products provide. In addition, these gates are manufactured in a variety of designs, matching any property.
Electric gates are a good choice for residential properties, for several reasons:
1. Confidentiality and security
Privacy and security are very important for every family. Installing an electric gate is the best way to protect it with a single push of a button, which offers you full control when it comes to granting someone permission to enter or exit. You can get a gate in any shape, size or height, according to your needs.
Electric gates are a comfortable option because they eliminate the need to physically open/ close it, each time you enter or leave the property. This is especially convenient in unfavorable weather conditions.
There are different ways to unlock an electric gate. Some of the popular methods include remote control, card or PIN readers, while other more advanced electric gates come with sensors designed to read specific signals.
3. Cost efficiency
Installing an electric gate is a cost-effective solution that may even bring you a discount from your insurance company, because of the extra protection you have installed on your property.
Gate installation can be quite complex, especially if you want to choose an automated gate. Therefore, hiring a Denver gate company can be the best choice.
For example, even if you want an automated gate, it is essential to make sure it still works even without automation, especially in case of emergency or if the power gets cut off.
There can be certain specific issues which require professional interventions while installing your gates. For instance, gates on slopes may be a little bit problematic, especially as far as their installation is concerned.
Another important detail to consider is if the gate openers are good enough to fulfill their intended purpose. You need to make sure that these elements meet the requirements established by the manufacturer.
During the gate installation Denver area process, it is very important to ensure that a proper control system is employed for opening and closing the gate. There can be push-buttons, keypads, mobile phones or auto vehicle detectors.
And another challenge for which you need professionals is the access needed for gardeners, dustmen or postmen.
Although hiring a professional for installing your gate certainly implies more costs, it is worth it to do that. You will thus have someone who can take full responsibility for the job.
Today, automated gates come in an incredible variety of styles and types, some simple and consisting of only a sturdy door controlled with the help of a remote-control device, others complicated and integrated with the home’s smart system. This variety is the result of a long period of development and engineering research – here are a few things to know about the evolution of the automated gate:
- Electric gates have been around since the 19th century – the very first electric gate was installed in 1881 and used in Canada, to control a railway crossing. The invention became popular very quickly and by 1884 it was already popular at the other side of the Atlantic, in France.
- Continued popularity – electric gates continued to enjoy great popularity and they spread quickly too other areas. By the 1970s, automated gates were common in apartment complexes, and they gradually became the go to gate solution for single family homes as well.
- Increasing sophistication – after automated gates have become commonplace known to everyone, engineers started to look into the ways to make gates more sophisticated. One of the ways to achieve that was smart integration, that is, the option to include the automated gate into the smart system installed in the building, suitable for being controlled from a mobile device.
Electric gates are great for your organization for a lot of different reasons. They not only provide a more secure setting in which you can address and keep track of possible intruders from a long distance away, but also because they provide remote access and even allow you to set up the gate to automatically open for only those who have the right clearance.
An electric gate can do a lot of great things. It can open itself, allow for remote access, allow for various controls to be performed through your smartphone or a computer terminal and even be programmed for automation. A basic electric gate won’t have all these features, but it can still be practical simply through the fact that it can be as large and heavy as you want it, and you can still open it just as easily at the press of a button.
With an electric gate, you can be as selective as you want about who you let in and how you perform your security checks. The electric gate openers system can be adapted to your unique approach to keeping your property secure, and it can also be combined with special surveillance systems that include advanced sensors, security cameras, alarms and much more.
There is a certain misconception that gate systems are only for the rich. This is far from true, as there are many types of gates that are quite affordable. Also, in this day and age, as technology is getting cheaper, advanced security gates are now available to the general public at a much more affordable price overall.
If you want to get a quality gate, you’ll find that even a sturdy metal gate will be relatively cheap. All you have to do is check out the prices online, and you’ll see that even if some ornate metal gates are a little more on the expensive side, you can opt for a more basic design that still looks pretty “posh.”
Additionally, you can avoid metal and opt for a sturdy wooden gate which will be even more affordable and no longer as flimsy as some of the older gate designs that would be vulnerable to moisture and pests. Modern wooden gates are treated with superior quality compounds and coatings that will act as a shield against the elements and against just about any type of unwanted stressor that would normally diminish its lifespan considerably.
By opting for such a gate you can lower your expenses so that you can also have a more complex or advanced security and surveillance system installed to deter intruders and keep your property safer. There are a wide range of electric gate openers to choose from to effectively keep intruders out.